Data protection information for the use of the website of SILIQUA Diamond Capital AG
General information on the collection, processing and usage of your personal data
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural or legal entity, e.g. name, address, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, user behavior, etc.
Depending on your individual situation, additional provisions (e.g. specific terms and conditions for various products and services) may apply to the processing of your personal data.
(3) By contacting SILIQUA by e-mail or through a contact form on this Website, the information you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We will delete this data as soon as storage is no longer required or restrict processing if legal retention requirements exist.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Regarding your personal data, you have the following rights:
Right of access by the data subject (Article 8 DSG, Art. 15 GDPR):
Right to rectification (Article 5 DSG, Art. 16 GDPR).
Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) (Article 17 GDPR).
Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR).
Right to object, if the data processing takes place on the basis of Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) of the GDPR (Article 21 GDPR);
Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR).
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR).
Security and cross-border transfer of personal data
SILIQUA undertakes appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures in accordance with the requirements of Art. 7 DSG and 32 GDPR for the protection of your personal data. For persons located outside Switzerland, please note that any personal data transferred to the Website will be transferred out of the person’s country of origin or residence, and into Switzerland. You expressly consent to such transfer using the Website. You also warrant that you have the right to transfer such personal data outside the country where they are originated from and into Switzerland.
As per Art. 6 Abs. 1 DSG, SILIQUA does not transfer personal data outside Switzerland if this leads to a serious threat to the personality of the relevant persons.
All employees of SILIQUA, who are engaged in the processing of personal data, are obliged to data secrecy. Your personal data is always encrypted when transmitting to Websites via HTTPS.
Despite SILIQUA’s measures to protect personal information, it cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition or alteration of your personal data will not occur. Your attention is drawn to the fact that you play a vital role in protecting your personal data.
(2) We use the following types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies: Temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of the browser until you leave the Website. Session cookies are required for you to use the Website and, if necessary, to register or place orders. Session cookies are deleted at the end of the browser session.
- Persistent cookies: Persistent cookies remain in the cookie file of the browser for a longer period of time. The duration depends on the lifetime of the cookie. Persistent cookies allow the Website to remember the choices you made (e.g., user’s registration data, the language selected, or the region in which you are located).
- Web Beacons: Web Beacons are electronic signs (also called “Clear GIFs” or “Web Bugs”) that allow SILIQUA to count the number of users who have visited the site.
(3) If you do not want to accept cookies or web beacons, you can refuse them and deny access to previously stored information by setting your Internet browser accordingly. The settings within the browser that allow you to do so vary from browser to browser.
Collection of personal data when visiting our Website
The amount and type of information, that SILIQUA gathers, depends on the nature of the interaction:
1. a) In the case of a merely informative use of the Website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide SILIQUA with information, SILIQUA only collects the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. On our Website, we are using the open source marketing tool Mautic, which is only operated on servers located in Switzerland. With the help of this tool, we are recording the surfing behavior of our visitors globally. The software sets cookies on your computer. The following data is collected and stored when loading single pages of our Website, which is technically necessary for us to display our Website and to ensure its stability and security:
- Two bytes of the IP address from the visitor’s system;
- Type of browser, browser version, language of the browser, inner resolution of the browser window and screen resolution as well as the loading speed of the browser;
- Operating system in use;
- Internet provider;
- Referral source;
- Input method (e.g. touchscreen);
- Device in use (desktop computer, tablet, mobile phone);
- Date and time of your access of the Website;
- Demographic data: your age and gender;
- Geographic data: your location;
- Your behaviour: new/returning visitor, duration of session including the date of leaving the Website, page depth, page impressions, bounce rate, pages/session, date, search terms used in site search, visited pages and the website you have visited us from;
- Your downloads (name of files) and the amount of transferred data;
- Your clicks;
- Your redirect URL (pages, to which you are being redirected) including page name;
- Your access user agent (browser of Mautic user);
- Your access code
With the help and the installation of a specific plugin for Mautic, which has been developed regarding GDPR compliance, your IP address in the user profile and the corresponding database will, among others, be anonymized. Mautic is configured in such a way that not the complete IP address is saved. Instead, 2 bytes of the IP address are set to 0 (e.g. 87.138.00). Accordingly, linking the shortened IP address to the respective computer and its owner is no longer possible.
b) The processing of your personal data allows us to identify our users, to communicate with you and to analyse our user behaviour. Due to the insight gained through the analysis of the collected data, we are able to gather information about the usage of each of our Website components. This helps us to constantly improve our Website and its user friendliness, enhance security, prevent fraud, monitor and verify the identity or services assess, combat spam or other malware security risks. Through anonymizing the IP address, the visitor’s interest in the protection of personal data is sufficiently protected.
d) By using this Website, you consent to the collection of analytical data. In case you generally disagree, you may object to the monitoring of your activities by Mautic on the Mautic Website (see link below).
In that case, a cookie is set which informs our system that your activities are not to be stored. If you delete this cookie from your system, you have to set it again.
Exclude from Mautic tracking.
Due to this opt-out, not all functions may be available. You can therefore consent to the tracking again at any time.
Confirm the Mautic tracking.
In case you have activated the “do not track” option in your browser, your user data is generally not stored.
If you receive emails from us, open- and click-rates are additionally tracked. This kind of tracking will still be in place even if you successfully opt-out. This is necessary for campaigns to be correctly executed (e.g. DOI, unsubscribe from newsletter).
SILIQUA processes your data partially automated with the aim to evaluate certain personal aspects (profiling). However, the processed personal data does in no situation amount to a personality profile as defined in Art. 4 lit. d. DSG. The profiling is done for the purposes of enabling needs-based communication and advertising including market and opinion research as well as a needs-based design of the Website, as far as you have not objected. The legal basis for profiling is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Profiling is required to protect legitimate interests of the provider. SILIQUA hereby pursues the legitimate interests to enable advertising and market and opinion research and to design the Website according to your needs. In the event of your objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can prove compelling grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Other functions on our Website
- In addition to the merely informational use of our Website, SILIQUA offers additional services that you can use if you are interested. To do this, you will generally need to provide other personal data (such as name, surname, address, email etc.) that we use to provide the service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- It is possible that we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by the same data protection laws and standards as SILIQUA, are subject to our instructions and are regularly inspected.
- Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties, if services are offered by us together with partners. In these cases, you will be informed in advance.
- SILIQUA processes your personal data within Switzerland. In exceptional cases processing of data may occur in the EU/EEA based on detailed service contracts. If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Newsletter / Mailing List
- By using the relevant form on our Website, you have the possibility to register for our news service or other informational content. Upon request, we will keep you informed about relevant developments and offers. SILIQUA uses the double opt-in procedure: When you subscribe to our newsletter/mailing list, for example by entering your e-mail address and by clicking a confirmation field, you will first get a notification e-mail. Only after you confirmed your subscription by activating the relevant link in the notification e-mail you are added to our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive e-mails or mailings from SILIQUA, you can unsubscribe in the newsletter itself at any time.
- We process your data associated with the newsletter/mailing list in order to send you news about and related to SILIQUA. Furthermore, we also process and use the e-mail address you have entered in order to send you personalized offers. If a link in the newsletter directs you to our Websites, you also give us permission to process and use your IP address, together with geodata, web beacons or similar technologies, in order to verify whether the offers presented to you in the course of this communication meet your requirements.
Third party providers and links to third party Websites
It is SILIQUA’s policy to use only third-party providers that are bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and confidentiality, to process personal information only as instructed by SILIQUA and to impose the same obligations on to their own sub-processors, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
The Website may contain links to third party Websites. Any information a person provides to, or that is collected by, third-party sites may be subject to the privacy policies of those sites, if any. SILIQUA encourages each person to read such privacy policies of any third-party sites that such person visits. It is the sole responsibility of such third parties to adhere to any applicable legal or other applicable restrictions on the disclosure of a person’s personal data, and SILIQUA and its affiliated corporate entities shall not be liable for wrongful use or disclosure of any person’s personal data by any third party.
Right to withdraw consent
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to process your personal data at any time. Such withdrawal will affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data.
- If SILIQUA bases the processing of your personal data on legitimate interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not required to fulfil a contract with you. In this case, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified withdrawal, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or show you our legitimate and compelling reasons why we continue to process it.
- You may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing, advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will be processed and will take effect as soon as reasonably possible.
In writing: SILIQUA Diamond Capital AG, Data Protection Officer, Unter Altstadt 28, 6300 Zug, Switzerland
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Last update June 2019.